Sunday, December 14, 2008

That Santa was a Girl...



There is only so much to do on this Island and being alone with two small children my options are slim... I try to make our trips eventful and when we drive to the other side of the island I cram errands in. Well the problem is I do not save little things to occupy the off days with. Today I knew we would stay close to home. I remembered that the Annex on base was having a Santa visit today so I decided to take Luke and Liem.

The Santa was less than steallar with a pretty crappy imitation. Luke is three so luckily he did not notice. Until... Luke informs me Santa was a GIRL. Santa was a girl I just did not think he knew. I tried to explain him that Santa is REALLY busy at this time of the year and Mrs Claus was trying to help Santa out. I hate lying to him but believeing at this age is a wonderful thing, and in a way shows their innocence. I just hate for that to be taken away SO early.

I quit believeing EARLY and now looking back I would give anything to have believed a little longer. I know the day he/they stop believeing will come sooner or later, but as of now I just want him to be small while he can.

Liem did not cry but he looks like he might loose his mind. He is not fond of anyone holding him while I am around, with the exception of Bobi, so I was not expecting much. Something about Liem's age and Santa makes Santa visits scary.

We will be seeing the REAL Santa this Friday.

1 comment: