Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Accomplished

Tuesdays are CDC days and I always accomplish SO much with Luke out of the house. I cleaned the house from top to bottom as I do every Tuesday, purged on a TON of toys to make room for Christmas stuff, and ran errands. This blog is sorta random but I love at the end of the day when I look back and feel like I have done a TON. Moving onto Elf on the shelf. At first I thought he was a little to freaky, but J's Mom offered to buy the Elf and the book that goes along with him for us. (Thanks Amy for the idea). Now that we have him he is not to bad. Luke has decided to name him Blankie. LOL. I have not written it down as his official name because I am thinking he might change it next year to something a little more Elf sounding. However... Blankie has proven useful in changing Luke's behaviors a few times. Especially when he is being mean to his brother. Luke has found a way to turn it around though. Liem has been pretty good with the Christmas tree but every now and again will sneak and ornament off. A little while ago I heard Luke talking to blankie and saying "Blankie, Liem did something and he is not being good." I do not like threatening him but for as young as he is I think he is grasping the idea well. So welcome to the family Blankie. I wonder if he will work on husbands.

2 comments:

  1. Blankie, sounds like something Gillian would name it. Brenna is naming everything Flower right now. She keeps changing the dogs name to Flower, she told me her middle name is now Flower, and every doll she has she calls Flower. Why my almost 4 year old isn't creative enough to come up with a normal name I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JKLL...your last line kills me. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete