Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 A Year in Reveiw


January 2008-
This month was a slow one winding down the end of our second deployment. I was still pretty busy with Luke and Liem still a infant. I know we were ready for J to come home and start a life together. By the time January hit, the beginning of 2008, we were ready to be a family.





Febuary 2008-
At the end of this month J arrived home from Iraq and finally got to see Luke healthy and thriving as well as meeting a changed Liem. (Remember J flew home right after Liem's birth because Luke was in the NICU).
This homecoming was special although both were amazing. It was nice to know we were finally in this together.




March 2008-
I turned 24... Where does the time go. I remember being nervous about turning 25, I know big whoop, but it made me quiestion what I have accomplished to this point. I feel proud of not only where I am but where our family is. We also got acquainted to a family of four, enjoyed family time, celebrated Easter, and took a mini vacay to the Hale Koa.





April 2008-
We baptised Liem this month. J's mom and step dad, as well as his brother flew out for it. We had a lots of good friends here with us to help celebrate his entrance into the catholic church.


May 2008-
In May we enjoyed as much family time as possible since once again J was sent off to Thailand for 5 weeks. I remember thinking 5 weeks was a long time back then but compared to this it is nothing. And this little 3-4 month stint is nothing to the 7 months we are used to. It is amazing how much we are caplable of when we have to be.

June 2008- June was a slow month with nothing out of the ordinary. J returned home a week after Father's day and we celebrated late. In the three years since Luke has been born J has missed every single Father's day... And I can almost say with certainty that he will miss this one as well. Lucky for him when he is home everyday is Father's Day. :)



July 2008- We had a 4th of July BBQ and enjoyed time as a family. Liem offically started walking this month and J started the tideous journey of re-enlisting.




August 2008- Not to much happened in this month either. The boys kept us busy and with Liem on the move even more so.




Septemeber 2008- Birthday, Birthday, Anniversary... Ironically September seems to be our month. Liem turned 1 on the 1st of September which happened to fall on Labor day. Luke turned 3 on the tenth. The first few weeks of September flew by. Birthdays are always so emotional for me, to see how they have changed and grown. Makes me a tad sentimental. Not to mention these birthdays were the first J was here to experience. Finally a birthday and party with a hubby there. We had a big party here at our house with our clostest friends, who honestly we consisder family. The 21st we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary... Haha do the math, Luke is 3 and we have been married 3 years... It was nice and laid back. For the occasion J got me diamond earrings and I got him a big ole' tool box. J also signed for four more years. We debated getting out but knew four more years would set us up for a smooth transition.

>October 2008- Bye Bye Daddy... J left again this time to the Phillapines. This was a last minute deployment and totally interferred with the holidays as well as our plans to leave for California in the spring... When these last minute obstacles suddenly appear I try to stay as positive as possible... Just Gods plans and in the end it will all work out... As we finally near the end of this mini deployment I find that it worked out exactly the way it should have...
The boys also celebrated Halloween this month. Our Superheros Superman and Captain America.



November 2008- Winding down the year. Not much to do this month and I remember it dragging by. Thanksgiving was spent with friends and a mini orderal but nice.



December 2008- This was a fun month with Luke's excitement for Santa. It feels like December has flown by as well as the holidays. I always get a little sad after Christmas is over, not because of the presents but because I love the Christmas season and the hope it provides. Lucky for us we get another mini Christmas in a few weeks with J.

As another year winds down I am optimistic about what next year will bring. Everyone have a safe and happy New Year's.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts, JKLL. I love the year-in-review idea. Your positive attitude is very inspiring. Happy New Year! Love, Lauri

    ReplyDelete