Friday, December 12, 2008

Photobucket

Luke saw Santa at a CDC function today. The teacher told us the wrong time so we were late which annoyed me, but it happens. We ended up finding Santa in the classroom next to Luke's and went over so he could see him. Luke was SUPER excited and was even more excited that Santa had a special present for him. I got a quick shot of him and it is not great because we all know I am not great with my photo skills, it just matters to me that we have pictures.

Anyways Luke opened his present from "Santa" which was a copy of Goodnight Moon, the book. I thought books were a great idea for presents, and definatly useful in this house. After opening his book we went back to his classroom for a quick visit before we headed to the commy.

The commy is ALWAYS interesting and more so when I have Luke with me... It is not his fault that he is so CURIOUS, but goodness when Momma is trying to bargain shop it is annoying. This might be my fault because I think Luke is to the point where he can walk and observe everything, but we run into trouble when Luke wanders.... And yes he wanders often. He never goes far and about 95% of the time I know where he is, but it still drives me crazy that a sighting of fish, a coffee disply, or even a woman on motorized shopping cart can grab his attention and he suddenly does not hear me.

I love that he is curious, I love that he asks 10,000 quiestionsa day and I know he is only three but man oh man I hope "Stay by Mommy" or "Stand right here" stick one of these days...

Photobucket

Liem on the other hand is the calmest most content baby in the world. He was past a nap when we visited Lukes school and the commy, but I heard maybe two peeps out of him... It might be his brother who I am constantly chasing that entertains him so, but I am not sure I think I just got lucky with this little man. Liem was content to shake the motrin bottle (for my stress headaches), or to squeeze the sponges. I swear this child can find entertainment in anything.

His eating habits are still less than stellar and he prefers fruit and boob. I ALWAYS said you stop breastfeeding when you stop formula but Liem is teeny and hates milk so we have had to go further. Right now we are at 15months and couting. We only nurse in the morning and right before bedtime, so technically I do not have to tell anyone, lol. But I am hoping sooner rather than later I can get the kid off the boob. I know it is one of the best things for him but I think for me personally we have gone above and beyond our time with nursing. I commend those who can go years without stopping but it is not for me I am ready to have my boobies back and my body back. lol

Photobucket

Having two boys almost two years to the day apart is FUN and adventerous. Luke is constantly playing rough with Liem, trying to pick him up, stealing his food, sneaking him kisses, trying to cuddle him by sitting on him, and sharing his ever loving blankie with him. I am positive this is only the tip of the iceberg but relationships between brothers are a wonderful thing. Liem cracks up at Luke, and in turn Luke loves that he makes his brother laugh. I love them both SO much it hurts sometimes. I am so thankful for them and that I get to be their Mommy...

I am sure I will have some more fascinating details tommorrow since we are venturing out for shopping, the eye Dr, and wherever the Pac leads us...

No comments:

Post a Comment