Saturday, December 20, 2008

Santa Claus



Luke and I have been planning this visit for weeks now. I originally was going to take them to the Santa they have seen for the entire time we have been in Hawaii, but he is a peeve, or so I have been told. So we opted for the Pearl Ridge Santa and I love that he is a little more laid back like Santa might be in his workshop.

Luke was over the moon for out date today, as we called it. Santa and than Chuckie Cheeses. Anyone who knows Luke knows he is outgoing if he knows you, but can be shy in new settings or around new people. He was excited to see Santa and kept asking me if he could sit in his lap and ask him for a JEEP CAR! (Don't worry Santa got it!)

While standing in line I could not help but get chocked up a bit at seeing his excitement. It just melts my heart that he is able to believe in something so magical and for all that it is. Today watching his eyes light up as he saw Santa melted my heart. I tend to hide my emotions so well in so many other aspects of my life, but when it comes to the boys and J I loose all control.

I sorta just threw Liem in Santa's lap because when Luke was his age it was a traumatic experience for all parties involved. Liem looked back at Santa and looked at me (thinking come on lady who the heck is this dude), and started saying "Momma ma ma". but he did not cry.

I love that today was 100% about the boys and what they wanted to do. Minus my final shopping excursion and impulse buy, lol. I just love that I am here although I am once again sad J misses it. I cannot imagine how it must feel to miss these pieces of their lives, but J does a good job at hiding it. I think I am sap enough for both of us. lol.

Ill post some pictures of Good ole' Chuckie tomorrow.

1 comment: