Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Our Christmas... I am exhausted after Luke's 4:48am wake up call but I want to make sure I write about our day while it is still clear in my mind. First and foremost I am so glad they are SO close in age. Amy said it best when she said they can share all the toys, and they truly do. It is like double Christmas for both of them and I love that.


Our tree before the boys tore into the presents. We had a ton more under there but I had to hide some for when J gets home and we can do a miniature Christmas with him. Only a few more weeks, although days like these make it feel so much longer. J did call at 6am and was on the phone for much of the chaos.


The present of the Day. Luke has been ASKING for this for a few months and we wanted to wait until we moved to California before making another large purchase. In the end I am a sucker and it was bought... I got a good deal though!!! Not to mention when Luke was walking down the stairs and spotted it he shouted "My jeep car, I GOT IT!" and threw his blankie to the side... His smile in this picture says it all!!


Anyone remember Luke's Christmas at this age? He carried a waffle around the entire time. I had to laugh when Liem spotted the waffles and carried them around for the duration of presents.


This car is the neatest thing ever, especially for in the house. It is soft and when it hits a wall it bounces back. This is courtesy of Nana Rita and Luke loves it, although he LOVED everything he and Liem got.


Liem was not into opening the presents but into playing with whatever toy Luke had just stopped looking at. I swear Luke would open a present and play with it for a little bit before moving onto the next one but as SOON as he set it down Liem was playing with it. Although the few toys Liem did open Luke would take as soon as he unwrapped them.


Luke and his leapster. Luke loved everything but he made a VERY big spectacle about this toy as well. He said "Mommy please can I open this? I used my manners, I be a good boy, Pretty please." I let him open it and I think the leapster is going to be awesome once he figures it all out.


I love this picture of them! I realize that we may not always be able to give them everything they want or need, but all that matters is we gave them one another.

Overall we had a great Christmas. Presents and playing and dinner with good friends who were kind enough to take us in! Thanks again! ;) Now I am going to relax and call it a night.
Merry Christmas to everyone!!! Looking forward to the New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas guys!!! We miss y'all!! That drum set is SOOOO much fun!! They'll enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love that last picture. they will love the jeep!!! and you are ALWAYS welcome at our house......

    ReplyDelete