Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

We had a busy day!
Today consisted of the beach, baths, baking cookies, pinky's for dinner, decorating cookies, opening Christmas jammies, reading Twas the Night before, and BEDTIME. Luke is over the moon about Santa coming and was exhausted for bedtime. I do not see how parents cannot cherish these moments. I am going to take a moment to reflect on our day...


Liem was nervous about the sand at first. Sorta good for me as he did not stray off until the very end. I have beach photos below but wanted to post a snapshot of just him and his usual smile! He melts my heart!!


Here is Luke right before bedtime and a meltdown. These are the moments I cherish. To often I have to discipline and teach him and in this instance it is fun to just watch him being silly, and laugh right along with him... I swear when they laugh this hard at something, you cannot help but laugh with them...


My kids are SO fortunate, they have been surrounded by the pacific their entire lives, with the exception of Luke's first 3months. They both love the water. Luke is close to swimming and tests his boundaries. Today at the beach I found myself thinking "Luke is the perfect age for the beach", he loved every second and listened to every word. Minus the end, when he was showering off and ran across the wet surface and fell to the ground on his booty, as he calls it, which lead to a massive strawberry. LOL.


Liem kept poaching the water slowly by himself. When I had him he was practicing his swimming skills. (He thinks he is the next Michael Phelps). I love this picture although it truly makes me sad to leave Hawaii. Look at the background, and where else can you go in the dead of winter for amazing beach time... I think I have taken a lot for granted.

i asked someone... lol. To take our picture. Love Luke in this one, well I love Liem in this one as well. Thanks boys for cooperating so Mommy could have some sort of documentation!!! lol...

Here we are at Pinkys. I saw we because Luke was the photographer. I do not think I had the nerve nor the emotions left to ask someone there to snap a shot of the three of us... I contemplated making dinner here, but Luke and Liem eat nothing I would want for Christmas Eve, I also wanted to make this day special for them. What I did not anticipate was walking into a restaurant with 15 I am so sorry smiles. Maybe I am overreacting but I swear everyone that looked at me made me feel like crying.

I am happy to have the boys, and I am happy to have a special Christmas with just us. They do not know the difference, but being without J again KILLS me. It would not matter if I had 100 people, or 10 people around me, if none of them were J I would still be sad, I hate to say it but it is almost better that it is just us because this way I am not jealous that everyone else is together and we are missing J (sad but honest). I love the MC and the lifestyle it provides, but honestly I want to STOP experiencing everything halfway... I know a lot of people out there have it worse than me, but many have it a ton better and make it look worse than I do. I am just asking (as a Christmas wish so to say) that my hubby is here next Christmas, and at our next child's birth (as we are 0 for 2). Let's move on to a lighter note... LOL

The boys in there Christmas Jammies that Nana Rita sent them. Luke did not care what was under the paper, he just wanted to open one.

VERY lastly, I know I have RAMBLED on and ON, remember though I do not have much adult interaction. This is a Christmas tradition. Since Luke's FIRST Christmas we have taken a picture of him and now them sleeping with 'Twas the Night before Christmas on their chests. I was nervous about Liem's since he is our superstar sleeper, but he slept RIGHT through the flash. I do have to say I cannot see all that much resemblance when they are awake, but when they sleep I see it!

Merry Christmas to everyone, and I truly hope this next year brings nothing but happiness for you ALL!!!


1 comment:

  1. JKLL...I just love reading what you write about your boys. They are so lucky to have you. You always have my respect for everything you do, everything you go through & your positive outlook on life. I adore your Christmas photo tradition. So sweet. Mele Kalikimaka.

    ReplyDelete