Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thank You Marine Corps...

We went to church the other day for the first time in a long time. I love Church and always feel a sense of clarity after listening to the priest and the sermon. This sermon discussed living in the moment, how by nature we dwell on our past and plan for our future, the sad part is because of this we often loose sight of the present. I thought the sermon hit home, and reminded me to make the most of each day.

Well who would have thought the next day when we went to try and get everything situated for our pack out and move that everything we have planned, and were counting on would be completely taken away from us. We were informed by one department that their was no issue putting our HHG in storage and shipping our car. Just to find out from another dept that their is no possible way... Best part is the funding has already been approved so we cannot even opt to ship our own car or apply for a ERD. We are stuck.

Now I realize that we are fortunate, we live in a beautiful house minutes from the beach in Hawaii, but I also realize it has been two long years since we have been home (mostly my fault), hardly anyone has met Liem, and I was banking on a few months to spend with them and now it looks like it will only be weeks. (I still haven't broken the news to family yet I don't think I can get through the talk yet.)

However I will do what I always do when everything crumbles around me. I will be mad, cry a lot, get up and figure a way to make this ok. This is a perfect picture of what happens when you plan.... Life happens. I know in the end it will all work out.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the inconsistencies in the departments. Sorry that happened! You are right to take it in stride and make the best of it, as difficult as it is. (HUGS) Sounds like you have some good guidance to help keep you grounded on looking at the bright side. I have to say, you are probably one of the strongest women I know for all that you have put up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They throw us some curveballs, that for sure. But I have no doubt you guys will make the best of it. ((I need to tell myself that over and over!!)) ;)

    ReplyDelete