Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Falling into place...

J's orders were FINALLY modified to the correct date... I'm still a little nervous but hoping this time it all works out. Originally we had plans for J to leave for school in January, BUT he got sent off on this mini deployment, totally screwed our plans... However the best part is that NO ONE fixed J's orders so he was still expected in Cali next week while being thousands of miles away...

Luckily we got the orders switched and modified and I finally received a copy stating he has an APRIL date!!! I am so excited to finally have a goal to focus on, although the reality of leaving Hawaii is sad. When we leave this island there is a fairly good chance we will never return. Sad to think I will not have the endless choice of beaches, parks, pools, etc within walking distance. Sad to think we will be heading back to a world that is not always on vacation, and sad that we are leaving our first family home, a place where Luke learned to talk, walk, ride a bike, where Liem was born and reached every milestone. The memories are in our hearts but makes me a little sentimental to find that we have almost reached the end here in Hawaii...

Such is military and such is our story. I will spend the next few months taking Hawaii in and planning for our next chapter...

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh...that's so soon!! So y'all are going to Cali?? I'm so excited and sad for you. I know it's going to be hard to leave Hawaii but the next step will be all the more fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you guys have some more defined dates. It is going to be hard to leave! Make sure you take lots of photos (not that you don't already) and try to soak in as much as you can! HUGS to you and the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, YOU made me sad with this......so many people are leaving....I'll miss Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete