Thursday, January 29, 2009

Remembering...

Two years ago I received a phone call that would forever change my life. On January 29,2007 my Mom passed away. I had AMAZING friends by my side who although may not have understood, they stood by me when I needed it (as they always have/do). I remember the day like it was yesterday.

Death is never easy and it is even more difficult when it is someone you rely on. It is weird but looking back I think I felt more at peace with her death right after the fact then I do now. It seems to me that as days pass and opportunities are missed with that loved one that we miss them more. Losing both my parents by the age of 23 is/was hard, but I have two more people in Heaven watching over us and protecting us.

I know that my Mom loved me probably more than I could ever realize, I know my Mom had her faults and even contributed to her own death, but now that I am a Mother I know that it does not matter to our children what we do or who we are, to them we are always their heroes and role models. My Mom was FAR from normal, and not always a great person but she was my Mom and my superhero, and I will always remember her that way.

It is hard to believe that it has been two years, it is hard to believe that I still reach for her phone, and that I half expect her to be in Ohio when I come home. But time has passed, and she is gone. On days like these, the anniversary of her death, her birthday, my birthday, etc. I just like remembering her.

Today is sad and happy in the same. Luke melted my heart this AM when he came to me and gave me a big hug and kiss and when I asked him what that was for he said "It was from Grandma in Heaven" :)
Rest In Peace Mom... October 11, 1954- January 29, 2007.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute, Kelly. I am sure she is looking down on you right now, smiling & proud of everything you've done/do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Kelly. It doesn't seem likes it's been two years. I love that picture. I love how you're looking up at her.

    ReplyDelete