Thursday, April 23, 2009

Baby Maddie

I have been following a blog that is touching and heartbreaking all in one. I came across this blog through one of my military wife forums and have been following since. It seems that this little girl, Maddie, and her parents Heather and Mike have thousands following, sharing stories of their own, and kind words of comfort and encouargment...

I can't help but wonder how many people have not heard of this little girl.

This is the link to Heathers blog.
http://www.thespohrsaremultiplying.com/

As a Mother I cannot imagine the pain and sorrow of losing my child, and yet this story seems to tear at me everytime I come across it. Heather and Mike are facing something parents should never have to know, or endure let alone live through. It makes me thankful time and time again for the life I have, for the life my children have. Reading about Maddie's love for life while enduring pain. Her heart was fuller at 17months than most people ever know. She fought with a smile on her face and know I can only picture her as a sweet angel in heavan.

I remember when Luke was sick in the hospital, and it is hard for me to think back on it. I think I chalk it up to another childhood illness but the bottom line it Luke was sick, very sick. We almost lost him and I remember thinking "I have no idea how to live my life without my little boy" on more than one occasion. I prayed harder than I have ever prayed in my life and I was more scared in those few weeks than I ever have been in my entire life. Reading about Maddie reminds me of arriving at the hospital thinking it was something minor when it ended up being so much more. As a parent you quiestion yourself, as I did, but as cliche as it sounds God always has a plan.

Luke's illness is nothing compared to baby Maddie's but after reading her story, her mothers story, anyone will find a way to relate.

I am writing about this because it was on my mind, and has been for a few weeks. It truly does break my heart, and it breaks my heart that her parents have to face this world without her. They have thousands of people following them and offering words but I figured a few more could not hurt. Take what you can and will from this, I just wanted to share Maddie's story.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kelly...just thinking back to that time in the hospital brings tears to my eyes. You really are an amazingly strong woman.

    ReplyDelete