Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Little Update and Scary messes...

Not a ton going on this way. We had a lazy weekend after our busy week. The boys got a lot of park play and Mommy and Daddy time. I have some pictures but have not updated them yet...

Liem is almost a year and 1/2 and seems to have reached a great learning point. He signs more, kiss, eat, and all done regularly but we are working on outside, dance, jump, friend, and play. He isn't talking a lot but definitely tries a few words. Lola is his favorite, Mom, Dad, he calls Luke Bro, Ball, and he attempts this, that, and kiss. Occasionally he will show you where his eyes, ears, tongue, toes, and hair are... He only does this when he is not distracted. lol... He is definitely getting bigger and it makes me sad but he is still a HUGE Momma's boy.

We always thought Liem was our calm natured easy going child... To my horror Liem has been getting into scary messes lately. Last week he dumped my juice everywhere while I was giving him a sip, he throws things into the toilet, and on Saturday when I put him down for his nap he decided to take his diaper off and explore with the findings.... I won't go into details because it is gross but it was not as bad as it could have been...

Luke on the other hand is at the age where he says inappropriate things without realizing it... He calls people guinea pigs when he does not like them. J and I are the primary guinea pigs. lol. At the grocery store last week he saw a 6yr old boy or so, and exclaimed "I don't like you, you guinea pig". Normally I would have tried to ignore this but the Mom heard him... So I apologized and said he is in a weird stage...

Yesterday we headed to Windward for some indoor fun and browsing... In Sears there was a heavier Woman and Luke said, "Look Mommy that MAN ate all his dinner and got bigger" Talk about embarrassing. We hurried him into another isle and distracted him with something or another... I am just waiting for the next moment we have to hush him.

I hope everyone else is good, I will post some pics soon. Luke is off to school in a few and I have laundry and a house to clean!!!

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh, I had to laugh. Him calling people guinea pigs is just funny. Not good Luke...but I'm laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhaaaaa........it's so normal for kids to comment on things when they see larger people or strange things, but it is embarassing nonetheless.

    I have NEVER heard of anyone calling someone a guinea pig! THAT cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete