Friday, February 20, 2009

Cutting the habit...

Well I've finally put my foot down and denied Liem the boob... It was not that I wanted to nurse my child this long, but in the long run I am glad we made it farther... He was not ready 6 months ago, and although he is not entirely ready now because I am doing it, he is more ready.

I sorta just decided to try last night before bed. I put a bandaid on like the Dr suggested so he could try but realize "hey these things don't work". Backfired a little when Luke wanted to know why Liem bit me, and if I was bleeding...

After a pretty sad tantrum he drank milk from a straw and then went to be in his crib alone...

He made it until 4:45am, which I knew would be our downfall. He is impossible in the middle of the night, and I am usually to tired to fight. After about a half hour of craziness I opted to put him back in his crib, with his blankie that we are trying to substitue, and he cried for about 10mins before passing out until 8am. Downside he woke Luke at 5:30am, but we made it one night...

At most it should take a solid week... I hope I am strong enough to be consistant once and for all!!!

2 comments:

  1. good luck!!!! he'll work through it.....however I am laughing at the bandaid......hahahaaaa........

    ReplyDelete