Friday, June 12, 2009

The chapter is almost done...

We packed out yesterday with minor to no bumps in the road. It was easy but overwhelming at the same time. I was left looking at our life on a truck and it hit me that we really are moving... I know it sounds odd but for awhile it was just in theory... something I talked about and dreamed about. Staring it in the face forced me to face it. I have so many emotions and a huge one is sadness. Our life was here. Our children have been raised here. We have met some of the most amazing people in our lives while being in Hawaii... I read once "So much of what we know about love comes from home." I find it most true right now. This is/was our home, more importantly our first home as a family. We have grown, changed, lost, and loved here and now it will be in the past tense. I will truly always hold Hawaii in my heart. It will always hold some deep meaning and connection to our home. However as is the military we will know and love many homes. I told J yesterday that the only thing that is constant is change itself... So true.

So we face the last weekend in paradise in an empty house that needs cleaned with two busy bored children. I do however get my hubby back this evening which will be amazing. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue the move process. I got the flight itenary and it was all I could do not to fall over from fear :) Keep the prayers coming. TIA!

1 comment:

  1. so weird how we basically wrote the same blog and packed out on the same days.......

    you'll do great in california.......I just know it.

    ReplyDelete