Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm back....

Last night I had a brilliant idea for a blog but somewhere between sleep and fighting Liem I lost it... So I will settle on a recap to fill everyone in on the craziness that was our life for a few months...

We left Hawaii... Harder than I ever thought it would be... Deep down it was our home and leaving it was not easy, nor was leaving the Beach, weather, or sun... And the saddest part is I can no longer say we live in Hawaii. Soon I won't even be able to say we just moved from Hawaii, and eventually we will change the plates on the explorer... But as always I am grateful for the experience, the friends, and the time we had...

The flight was ahhh alright... 2 Valium and notta. I guess I am just that afraid or have an extremely high tolerance (thanks Mom and Dad). It took about 5% of the edge off but that's about it... Important thing is I made it... I did. We had a few days in CA to secure our house and see base and then we went onto Ohio...

We had a blast in Ohio, minus the weird sleep schedule Luke and Liem followed. We ran ragged all over Ohio and even into PA, but it was wonderful to see everyone and for everyone to see the boys. Luke had the time of his life and still asks about everyone. Liem probably just wondered what the heck was going on... It is a lot of change for little ones but luckily they seemed to go with the flow.

Now we are 100% settled in Cali, well we were about 2 weeks ago but I have been all over the place since arriving. Household goods arrived the 23rd and I was unpacked and decorated by the 25th. As of now I like it here. Driving is a little crazy but Hawaii prepared me for it. Weather is amazing. We are right off the ocean again and get a wonderful breeze. We do not have central air but honestly we do not need it. The boys allergies and mine for that matter are better than ever. Seems like we have so much at our disposal and one day we will get to it :) J's work schedule is less than stellar right now but we knew it was coming.

We are close to the Hanuna's :) and get to see them regularly which is nice since we knew no one coming into this. I have been to a few playgroups and the girls seem nice. A great thing about our development is everyone has 2 or more kids which means there are kids to play with everywhere.

I hope everyone is well and I will be checking in on all the blogs I follow :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Glad you are all settled in. Looking forward to more posts :)

    ReplyDelete