Thursday, August 13, 2009

California so far.

I like it. I really really like it... Things are nearly as expensive as Hawaii if not a little cheaper. With proper planning we are doing ok without our cost of living allowance :) On the plus side we can afford Liem's fruit addiction. So cheap here and all he eats are fruits. The main Commisary which has the better selection is about 17 miles from us but we do have one that is sufficent right down the street from us. The shopping however is endless here and 15-20 miles in either direction I have endless options. It is nice exploring and figuring this place out.

The weather honestly has been amazing! AMAZING! We dont have central air and honestly we do not need it. The highest our temp in the house got today was 72, it never rains, although it never feels warm enough for me to need a pool. We have one right down the street but when I went into it I was freezing. Maybe the Hawaiian in me ;) We are right by the ocean and I am sure that cools us down quite a bit, but as of now I cannot complain at all on the weather front.

The people... I am new and do not know many people, with the exception of Angela, so everyone has something to offer and opposing views. The board I found is unique. I find it interesting after such an amazing group of women in Hawaii. The girls on this board tell girls to google their quiestions on life experiances on Pendleton. Maybe it is the repetition of the quiestions as people join to ask these quiestions, but I think (and maybe I am spoiled) but pcsing is tough enough let alone mving to a new base the least people can do is share experiences and advice on the quiestions. There also seems to be a TON of drama. Do not get me wrong I like reading the drama especially since I am not involoved but it seems like everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

From the board I have went to and hosted a playgroup. I enjoyed myself and have met some nice people from those groups. I am optimistic about meeting new people. Deep down though I have to wonder "will I ever meet people, a support system, like I had in Hawaii". Do not get me wrong as I formed a special bond with EACH memeber :) but I thought it would be easier because it was easy in Hawaii. But maybe it was fate that all of K-bay U was in Hawaii when we were. Maybe it was fate that are husbands deployed again and again while we were there, and maybe it was fate that we all found one another. I miss that, I'll miss that, I hope to find it here, but most of all I hope to one day have us all back together again. (at least for a reunion with Valerie and her undies ;) ).

So far I am trucking on in this unknown territory. It is ironic to me that I dislike change as much as I do but I seem to have an aversion for fear of new places and people. ( I do not even know if that makes sense, but it does to me). I thought about it tonight and I happy, (I will be happier when J gets of this cycle and the next), but I am happy and optimistic.

PS I will add pics soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment